How it works
- The outdoor antenna installed outside on your roof collects the mobile tower signal and sends it down the cable to the 4G repeater.
- The 4G repeater then amplifies this signal and re-transmits it into the area where you want coverage.
- Mobile phones and laptops in that area then communicate with the improved 4G signal.
What you get in the kit:
- 1 indoor mounted StellaHome2600 4G Repeater
- 1 indoor and 1 external antenna
- 12m coaxial cable
- 1 power supply.
2600Mhz Frequency Explained
Many operators transmit 4G at 2600Mhz.
The HomeBoost2600 4G repeater is suitable in urban locations.
The 4G network cannot handle voice at the moment. This will change in the future, but when your phone makes a voice call, it will switch back to either 3G or GSM.
Quick install Guide:
- Install antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually your roof).
- Cable down inside your house to the Stellahome repeater and connect the second panel antenna.
- Plug in the power supply.
Installing the outdoor antenna:
Install one of the panel antennas on your roof, or outside wall, where you have a good signal.. Check the signal bars on your phone in this location. You need to see at least 2-3 signal bars. Install the antenna and orientate it towards your local mobile operators tower. To find the rough location of the tower, you can use Opensignal. And just click the “towers” button.
Opensignal is also an app for the Iphone and Android phones, that points to the location of your mast with an animated compass needle. Very useful!
The signal strength indicator:
The signal indicator on the front of the StellaOffice makes the installation easy. It provides invaluable information into how the repeater is performing.
- 6 LED Signal Power indicator: Helps you align the outside antenna to the correct mobile tower and informs you how strong your signal is.
- Feedback control: Informs you that the repeater is reducing excess power to protect the network and your installation.
- Proximity control: Informs you if you are too close to a mobile tower. (ie less then 200 meters)
- Communication: Informs you if your phone is communication through the repeater.
- Connect the supplied cable to the outside antenna and run it down inside your house to the area where you want coverage.
- In this area place the Stellahome repeater and connect the cable to it.
- Then connect the second panel antenna to the repeater and point it into the area where you want coverage.
- Finally, plug in the power supply.