How it works
- The outdoor antenna installed outside on your roof collects the mobile tower signal and sends it down the cable to the 4G repeater.
- The 4G repeater then amplifies this signal and re-transmits it into the area where you want coverage.
- Mobile phones and laptops in that area then communicate with the improved 4G signal.
What you get in the kit:
- 1 indoor mounted StellaHome2600 4G Repeater
- 1 indoor and 1 external antenna
- 12m coaxial cable
- 1 power supply.
2600Mhz Frequency Explained
Many operators transmit 4G at 2600Mhz.
The stellahome2600 4G repeater is suitable in urban locations.
The 4G network cannot handle voice at the moment. This will change in the future, but when your phone makes a voice call, it will switch back to either 3G or GSM.
Quick install Guide:
- Install antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually your roof).
- Cable down inside your house to the Stellahome repeater and connect the second panel antenna.
- Plug in the power supply.
Installing the antenna on your roof:
Install one of the panel antennas on your roof, or outside wall, where you have a good signal.. Check the signal bars on your phone in this location. You need to see at least 2-3 signal bars. Install the antenna and orientate it towards your local mobile operators tower.
To find the rough location of the tower, you can use Opensignal. And just click the “towers” button.
Opensignal is also an app for the Iphone and Android phones, that points to the location of your mast with an animated compass needle. Very useful!
The signal strength indicator:
With the signal strength indicator, you can see the signal power coming from the direction where you have pointed the antenna. The more green lights the more power.
Green Light 1-6 : Determines your overall signal strength. A good installation will show at least 4 LED’s.
As you turn your antenna towards the mobile tower, the indicator will light up more.
- If the blue lights up, it means there is communication between your phone and the repeater. Nice to know its all working!
- If the orange lights up, when you plug in the repeater, you should make sure that there is at least on solid wall between the outdoor antenna and the indoor antenna. You need more separation between the antennas.
- Connect the supplied cable to the outside antenna and run it down inside your house to the area where you want coverage.
- In this area place the Stellahome repeater and connect the cable to it.
- Then connect the second panel antenna to the repeater and point it into the area where you want coverage.
- Finally, plug in the power supply. Your done!
NOTE: It is important that you have good isolation between the outdoor and indoor antenna. Make sure you have at least one solid block/ brick wall between both antennas or a wall with foil backed insulation.